Friday, July 1, 2011

Training Day 37

Mt. Woodson- February 21, 2011


This hike was the most challenging of the San Diego County mountains with 2300' of elevation gain in 2.4 miles.  It starts at Lake Poway just north of San Diego.  The first .8 miles of the trail are relatively easy as you make your way around the lake's edge but quickly becomes a steep and challenging climb.  I definitely struggled on this hike especially towards the top where I started to get a blister on my right heel.  I was able to finish after we stopped and used some good old Duck tape to patch me up.  The view from the top was not as good as some of the other mountains that we have climbed previously.


At the top.  A lot of trees and a bank of antennas obstructed most of the good views.

No comments:

Post a Comment