Thursday, June 9, 2011

Glacier National Park

For those who don't know me, I am Reid. I live out in Washington State and am currently a student at Gonzaga Law School. I worked and lived with Brandon for a little while a few years back.

Just wanted to post about some of my hikes I have been doing...

Went to Glacier National Park last weekend with my wife and my parentals and did around 10 miles. We did a 4-mile, 1500-ft elevation gain trail called Avalanche Lake. The views at the top of the trail were pretty awesome...standing in a bowl of 10,000-ft peaks!

About half-way up the trail...

This was at the top at the aptly named Avalanche Lake...We heard a couple avalanches going up and one on the way back down the trail.

Exploring around the lake...

If you haven't been to Glacier, it is pretty incredible...The heart of the park is said to look a lot like the Alps! They have some great breweries in the area too, so you can always follow my lead and reward yourself with a few local brews after a good hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment